No oven There are three VERY important things to remember about this recipe:
Otherwise it is easy.
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter or baking margarine
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk (may use skim if you wish)
4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) bakers’ powdered cocoa (may use more if you like a bitter, daker chocolate flavor
1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy) [add another tablespoon if you use chunky]
3 to 3 1/2 cups of dry quick-cooking (not instant) oats
2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Add first four ingredients into a large sauce pan
2. Bring to a rolling boil for no more than one minute. Just enough to melt the butter and dissolve the sugar so the granules disappear. (DO NOT OVERCOOK)
3. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla until thoroughly mixed
5. Stir in the oats until evenly covered.
6. Spoon onto wax paper and let cool to set.
ALTERNATIVE INGREDIENTS AND SWAP-OUTS