Job Posting fo the Day:
Making movies sucks – help us make it better. Lead Core Engineer needed.
HighlightCam is revolutionizing how users create (and share) movies. With our apps, users can create professional-quality videos – automatically. Server-based editors scan for the best content in the pictures and video, add special effects, and then send the finished movie for the user to share with their friends. Cool, huh?
We’re looking for a great Lead Core Software Engineer to join our growing team, someone who knows Python forwards and backwards and isn’t afraid to delve into Django every once in awhile. We’re fully funded, a YC alum, and growing in both domestic and international markets. We need someone driven who wants to join and lead a small team and really own their work.
– Eager to join a growing startup
– Good at communicating (discuss features, bugs, API calls, etc.)
– Appreciation for sarcasm
– Python; preferably with some Django experience
– Great grasp of software design and architecture
– Understanding of performance and design tradeoffs, without compromising quality
– Scaling Django/MySQL/Apache
– AWS; experience optimizing for EC2 GPU instances a big plus
– Written server APIs for mobile client, or other server-side APIs
– Video codecs, video editing or FFMpeg a plus
– Social and payments APIs (e.g. Facebook, YouTube, Amazon Payments, etc.)
This position is full-time with health benefits (of course). We’re located across from the San Antonio shopping center, so there are plenty of great restaurants nearby. This is most importantly a startup, so we try to have fun while we’re here! We play poker, board games, rock climb, go out for drinks, all that good stuff… We’re looking for people who WANT to be here, to join a company that’s striving to create something truly extraordinary.
Interested? Shoot us an email at jobs.hlcam.com with “Lead Core Software Engineer” in the subject line and we’ll be in touch.